Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Reading Terminal Market Love

I woke up early today for me, around 6:00 AM due to sacrificing work for sleep, and getting to bed as soon as it got dark outside. Right now I'm contemplating what to do before religion class- either work on some ACEOs (more on them later) or go to the Reading Terminal Market- I have just enough cash for something to eat and some groceries.

If you live in the Philly area and you've never been... go now. You can find directions and vendor info here . I adore the place, and not just for the fantastic food, it's grade A people-watching. Sometimes I take a camera, sometimes I take my sketchbook, sometimes I just go to experience the energetic crowd. You can find all sorts of food and interesting things there. There are local grocers, Amish vendors, bakeries and a whole variety of ethnic foods. I'm attempting to try each and every place, and I may start to review them here.

The market is one of the reasons I'm glad to be going to school in Center City PA.
For now I leave you with a pic of the deliciousness that is a hot, fresh, Amish pretzel, albeit badly photographed. I may just go this morning after all...


2 comments:

  1. yum... sounds like an awesome place :) I do a few ACEOS, I always plan to do more and often dont get around to it.

    ReplyDelete