Thursday, July 22, 2010

Bacon



I'm not even that fond of bacon. As always, please click to see a little more detail. Anyway. Bacon is the title of my entry for Illustration Friday this week, due to the perplexing prompt of "Breakfast". I swear it's the first thing that popped into my head.

This was done with a water soluble ink pen, a water brush pen, a deep blue sharpie, and watercolor pencils, (been addicted to this process recently after finding an ink pen that bleeds quite a lot, and turns unusual colors the more water you layer on it). It was done on the couch as well, watching "6 Feet Under". I'm enjoying the show, though surprised I can handle the content, especially while I'm feeling so down.

Otherwise, I am coasting. Attending two rather intensive classes for credit before school starts up again, a children's lit class and a fantasy lit class. Both are wonderful challenges, and completely eating up my time. There's been so much on my plate recently. I'm already trying to plan my senior thesis. Where did my time at college go? I also have a nagging guilt in the back of my head that I need to finish the art trades I started up months ago on DA, and then had to put on hold until I got control of my life. I want to do them, and even though I'm way too busy, I want to finish them.

Speaking of finished, some illustrations were completed for another book to be published by Princeton University Press. Details when more is known and everything is approved for sure.

I also need to make time to do a house mural, another paid job. I want to get my Etsy work back on schedule as well. Any advice to make sales?

Speaking of overworking, I recently joined the Sketchbook project. Click for details. It sounds like an amazing project, and a great opportunity to put something of mine into a show. I can't wait for my sketchbook to come in the mail. I want to have enough time to work on it. I paid for the digitizing process as well, so if/when that happens, I'll have links.

Overall, the mood is overwhelmed, can't wait, what the hell am I doing?- all at once.

Thanks for reading. Hope I can get this blog more active, and get some more subscribers, and maybe some commenters one of these days.

Until then,
See you later, space cowboy.

No comments:

Post a Comment