Saturday, January 2, 2010

Etsy Work



Testing to see if this works. Hopefully, I can display my Etsy work here. As one can see, (again, I hope), I have a penchant for animals, decorative fantasy, and odd looking men. I'm focusing mainly on turning out ACEOs at the moment, and thinking about filling some more frames I have laying about. I'm concerned I'm not going to see much of a market on Etsy, but maybe I'm wrong there. I might talk about some of my favorites of the new batch, but we'll see if I have time.

Upcoming for-sale Etsy work should include various Japanese creatures such as the tengu, tanuki and various ghosts and demons. I also plan on doing a few more animals I would like to illustrate, probably an opossum, a pangolin, a platypus, a dodo, and a thylacine. A few more emaciated men might appear as well. You never know.

At the moment, I am waiting for a button machine in the mail, set to arrive at some unfixed time so I can enjoy making pinback buttons; something I have been wanting to do for a few years now. I spent some time at the Cranberry Bookworm, and found some real treasures to use for the buttons, as well as an ancient book I may post about in the future. I left my name and an email with the man there, so he could contact me if he comes across illustrated books that are perhaps not sell able, but I might be able to use in artwork. It was very pleasant, visiting the Bookworm again- a place where I spent many hours during my childhood. They still have the beaten, old yellow shag carpeting in the back that I remember being vaguely afraid of as a little kid. Again, that place really deserves a review of it's own.

Aside from the business side of things, life feels odd about now. Christmas did not feel like Christmas, and New Years is a bit surreal. Enjoying spending some quiet time with my parents. I am attempting to be more agreeable. Outside of the family, social life is in purgatory right now, still recovering from an upheaval at the beginning of the summer.

In the past few days I've spent a lot of time working on the ACEOs, but I would also really like to clear the desk of the watercolor supplies and perhaps work a bit with the sewing machine and tutorials to try to make some better doll clothing. At the moment, he is glowering in his box under my desk. I have opted to name him Mycroft Eldrich, and the name has unfortunately stuck. I may be about half way to buying a companion for him- but again, more on that another day.

So-as to the slim chance of anyone watching out there in Internet land- please keep a watch, feel free to comment- I love comments- and please take a look at my Etsy shop.

Peace and Insomnia,
Anne K.

1 comment:

  1. maybe you can post some of the stuff from you deviant art on etsy? I would buy some of those illustrations if I had money

    ReplyDelete